Welcome to ME 410 The Adolescent Learner!

This course examines the intellectual, physical, psychological, social and moral characteristics and needs of the early adolescent/middle school student. It analyzes the middle school concept including the role of the teacher, interdisciplinary planning, advisor-advisee relationships, and curriculum for middle school students. This course is designed to study and experience the various learning styles and patterns of students in middle school/junior high education. The students will experience, first-hand, middle school, self-contained, and junior high education models.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Week of October 4 - 8 Assignments

As you know, class was canceled this morning but I assured you I would have the information you need for the week on this blog. So, here it is:

  • Your assignment for today, in class, was to bring your 4 professional journal articles that you're going to use for your research paper. I changed the due date for this to next Monday, Oct. 11th. Bring them to class with you at that time.
  • By October 1, you were supposed to have contacted Mr. Riehl at Simle Middle School regarding your placement. Let me know if this was done. I know Kara did because I was copied in on the emails. You will receive a grade for this so forward the email to me, if you have it. If you don't, let me know and I will contact either Mr. Riehl or Ms. Hetledvet to verify that it's done.
  • By this Friday, October 8th, you must have completed at a minimum your first 3-hour placement. You'll notice you are graded on completing this each and every week from here on out. Remember that even though I've only assigned 3 points to this assignment, per week, it is based on a percentage. This means it doesn't matter if I assign 3 or 300 points. If you do not complete it, it has the same bearing on your grade - regardless of points.
If you have any questions, please let me know immediately. Next week is mid-term so your grades will be recorded in the Registrar's Office at Sinte Gleska at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment