Welcome to ME 410 The Adolescent Learner!

This course examines the intellectual, physical, psychological, social and moral characteristics and needs of the early adolescent/middle school student. It analyzes the middle school concept including the role of the teacher, interdisciplinary planning, advisor-advisee relationships, and curriculum for middle school students. This course is designed to study and experience the various learning styles and patterns of students in middle school/junior high education. The students will experience, first-hand, middle school, self-contained, and junior high education models.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week of Dec. 6-10, 2010

A friendly reminder about setting up your appointment with me on Monday so we can discuss your progress in this class. At that time, bring your field experience log and the form signed from somebody at Simle. We will discuss your research paper and register you for spring classes.

See you Monday!

2 comments:

  1. December 10th- Today was my last visit to Simle.... :( Overall, it was a good experience. It was definitly different from any other school setting I have observed in. The staff were very helpful and friendly the whole time I was there. Today 8-10 different staff member had said "Good Morning" to me in the first hour I was there. I know it is random that I counted but it me it made my experience a little smoother to be around a cheerful staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. December 9th- Well only a few more hours and I will be done at Simle. I'm going to miss this place. Some visits took me back to my junior high days.(EMBARRASSING) Listening to the girls talk about boys or the boys trying to act cool. Overall, I took great pleasure in hearing all their excuses for why they didn't have there homework done. The most popular one I would have to say is "I swear I finished that assignment, I gave it to the teacher already". I hope to get into the junoir high/middle school setting again. Next time I will be a little more aware of the tricks these kidos try to pull.

    ReplyDelete